For more information or to order an item by telephone, please contact 01543 686370

Open/Close Basket

About Us

G.E. Collis & Sons LTD: Our History

At G.E. Collis & Sons, we are a family run business who have been trading since 1957. It all began when our founder Guy Ernie Collis began selling reclaimed timber from his cottage in Chasetown. With the help of his sons Keith & Gordon, he built the business from the ground up and in doing so, he set the foundations of what is now a thriving business.

After a successful five years of trading, Guy decided it was time to expand and invested in a nearby plot (The Old Gas Works) on Queens Drive Industrial Estate. From here, he began selling new timber and shortly afterwards built a retail shop where a variety of DIY and building supplies could be bought. The business grew rapidly over the years, so much so, that in 1996 a further investment was necessary to cope with the demand expressed by Collis' customers.

Collis' Today

Today we still maintain a strong family tradition, employing more than 25 skilled staff from expert carpenters & joiners to qualified, helpful retail assistants. The business now also has a number of assets including a vast fleet of vehicles, sawmill facilities, a large retail store as well as a range of workshops. Today the business has grown from strength to strength and we are now renowned as being a leading supplier of reliable and professional DIY and building supplies and timber buildings which can be made to your specifications.